Re: Printing Word 95 documents in Word 97

Subject: Re: Printing Word 95 documents in Word 97
From: Lisa MacDonald <lisam -at- DISCREET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:23:46 -0500

Hi Matthew,
You can also adjust unprintable areas of your document in your printers
folder. Double click on your "My Computer" icon, open the "Printers"
folder, select your printer, and click on File then Properties. Now, I'm
running WindowsNT using a network printer at work, so I'm going by memory
here. There should be something under the Device Settings tab that allows
you to define the unprintable areas for your documents.

Hope that helped.
-Lisa
---------------------------------
Lisa MacDonald
Technical Writer, Advanced Systems
DISCREET LOGIC
"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't
help."
-Calvin ("Calvin & Hobbes")

On 10 Feb 99 07:57:21 PM, Matthew Nankin wrote:
> Hi---Would someone familiar with this issue please offer me some
> assistance?
>
> When I print Word 95 documents in Word 97, I receive the following dialog

> box
> (multiple times depending upon the number of sections in the document):
>
> The margins of section 1 are set outside the printable area of the page.
> Do you
> want to continue?
>
> This message also appears for documents originating in Word 97 when I
have
> changed both the width and the height (under Paper Size) and Headers and
> Footers
> (under Layout) .
>
> The printing of the document is unaffected, but it is an annoyance to
have
> continually answer this message Yes or No. Has anyone else encountered
this
> message? If so, have you been able to prevent it from displaying and how
> have
> you done so?
>
> Thanks to anyone who can provide help on this issue.----Matt Nankin
>
> Matthew_Nankin -at- PSDI -dot- COM