Re: etc.?

Subject: Re: etc.?
From: Lisa MacDonald <lisam -at- DISCREET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:35:47 -0500

Hi Kevin,
We do not use the term "etc." in our manuals simply due to the fact that
some of our users do not speak English as a first language. "Etc." isn't
necessarily a word that an international audience will understand. I've
seen it here before and someone will say it again: always consider your
audience when determining which terms to use. :-)
-Lisa
Lisa MacDonald
Technical Writer, Advanced Systems
DISCREET LOGIC
"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't
help."
-Calvin ("Calvin & Hobbes")

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=