FW: online help estimates

Subject: FW: online help estimates
From: Rebecca Merck <Rebecca -dot- Merck -at- ONESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 19:46:43 -0500

Stephanie --

I hit a similar problem one time, and don't recall exactly how I
bludgeoned my way through it, except that it took a lot of my evenings
and weekends for a while.

My suggestion now would be to try to start with a list of the
functionality, not the number of forms. Since your help files will be
based on the tasks, probably closely (or in some discernable way) tied
to the number of functions, you'll be able to estimate the number of
task-topics you'll need to develop. Be sure to build in time for
setting up cross-links, indexing, etc. -- overhead associated with
creating the help file, not in the individual task-topics.

Hope that's helpful!?

-Rebecca Merck