Re: Meatball Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Meatball Tech Writing
From: MAGGIE SECARA <SECARAM -at- MAINSAVER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:09:34 -0800

Sounds like the story of my career. I have almost never had time to do what
"real tech writers" do, and I know I'm not alone.

But it also sounds like there's no time for preparing a cost benefit
analysis or talk to the end users, or anything else, either--at least not
until or unless some breathing space appears.

Maybe the thing to do is to just do a quick and dirty re-write (start with
new format and editting out old wordy garbage) on one of the shorter
projects. Put in some extra time if you have to on weekends or at home, so
you can show them how much smoother, more efficient, less cumbersome, more
accessible to the user *your* way is. There's nothing like visual aids to
make them appreciate the possibsilities.

Maggie Secara
A Compendium of Common Knowledge, 1558-1603
http://ren.dm.net

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's
so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think
she's armed." -G. Stoddart

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=