Re: Abbreviations & Acronyms (was RE: JavaHelp or Something Else. ..)

Subject: Re: Abbreviations & Acronyms (was RE: JavaHelp or Something Else. ..)
From: Scott Havens <SHavens -at- ELCOTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:24:55 -0500

Thanks to all who jumped in to explain the mysterious "GA." (And I just
thought they were trying to get it ready for Georgia. I guess THAT
would take a version you could use while driving a pickup truck,
drinking beer and listening to country music! I want to get in on the
development cycle for that one.) It just goes to show you that,
whatever the question, a number of people on the list will know the
answer and will be happy to pass it on to those who don't. Thanks
again. --SRH

drumroll...

General Availability (release to users)!

tah-dah!

--- Maura ---

> ---Philomena Hoopes <PHILA -at- MAIL -dot- VIPS -dot- COM> wrote:
> >
> > Acronym finders notwithstanding, our company uses it
> > to mean "General Availability"
>
> ...which was not in my list! But the other acronym finder at
> http://www.ucc.ie/cgi-bin/acronym does include it:
>
> Gabon
> Gamblers Anonymous
> General Assembly