Re: links in PDF docs

Subject: Re: links in PDF docs
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- SIMPLYWRITTEN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:05:13 -0500

Indeed, it's possible. It is, however, impractical if you have a lot of
links to put into the PDF. If you only have one or two, or if you want a
button that already has its own "back" or "forward" link, it's eminently
practical. It does, of course, require a knowledge of PDFMark coding, which
is available from Adobe's website.

>Tim (and others),
>
>If it is possible to place an EPS in a document, it should be possible to
>sneak the PDFMARK commands into that file.
>
>I am not familiar with the Corel applications, but if so, you can write a
>very basic PDFMARK command EPS and place it in the document. The PDFMARK
>commands are specified in the PDFMARK Reference Manual, available from the
>Acrobat 3.01 CD-ROM or downloadable from the Developer section of Adobe's
>website. In order to make full use of the commands, the Portable Document
>Format Reference Manual might be needed as well. Another excellent source
>for PDFMARK is Thomas Merz's book "Mit Acrobat ins World Wide Web" (or its
>English translation).
>
>I have placed that kind of PDFMARK EPS in Frame and in Quark Xpress. It
>worked perfectly in both cases. I haven't tried it with Adobe Illustrator
>or Photoshop, however.
>
>Hope, this can help.
>
>Max Wyss
>PRODOK Engineering
>Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
>CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland
>
>Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
>e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
>WWW: http://www.prodok.ch/prodok

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=