Job Posting - Vancouver, BC

Subject: Job Posting - Vancouver, BC
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- MPS-CANADA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:08:18 -0800

Please forward resumes with cover letters via fax (604-904-0833) or e-mail
(tsieling -at- mps -dot- com) to Todd Sieling.

A growing software development firm in North Vancouver, BC, Canada, has
opened a new, permanent position for a full time technical writer. In
addition to 1-3 years of technical writing experience, the successful
applicant must possess and have demonstrated the following qualifications:

* The proven ability to aggressively and effectively gather, integrate and
communicate complex technical information for specific audiences.
* Familiarity with common practices, document types and methods of writing
for the software industry.
* Proven proficiency with the Windows (95/98/NT) operating system,
Microsoft Word 97 and RoboHELP (or another online help authoring system).
* The ability to effectively review and evaluate writing on a peer-to-peer
basis.
* The ability to work well and make contributions in a diverse team
environment, with a focus on meeting deadlines in a rapid development cycle.
* Familiarity with database technology, specifically Microsoft Access, SQL
Server, and distributed database architectures (client-server, online
collaboration, etc.).
* An understanding of graphical user interface standards and end-user
profiles.

The following items are not required, but are considered advantageous:

* Experience with Adobe FrameMaker, PDF document distribution and other
desktop publishing software.
* Knowledge of relational database technology, as well as programming
methods and concepts. Specifically, Microsoft Access and distributed
database architectures (client-server, online collaboration, etc.), as well
as Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
* Experience in developing and deploying online content.
* Knowledge of the construction industry.

In addition to a competitive starting salary and benefits package, we offer
a friendly, casual and constructive environment in which to work and grow.
Joining our current writing team, the successful applicant will help us
develop a department that works integrally with instead of following other
parts of the development team. For more information about who we are and
what we do, please see our Web site at www.mps.com.

We invite you to submit your resume with cover letter by e-mail (attachments
only, please - no plain text resumes will be accepted) or by fax, and ask
that you indicate where you learned about this position. All information
received is strictly confidential, and only those candidates who qualify for
an interview will be contacted.

Please forward resumes with cover letters via fax (604-904-0833) or e-mail
(tsieling -at- mps -dot- com) to Todd Sieling.

---------------------------
Darren Barefoot
Technical Content Developer
1-604-904-0822 ext.112
<mailto: dbarefoot -at- mps-canada -dot- com>
<http://www.mps.com>

Meridian News!
Prolog Manager 5.0 and Prolog WebSite now shipping!! For more
information
on our products call our sales department at 800-850-2660 or visit our
website www.mps.com <http://www.mps.com>.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=