Re: USA Today article demands printed documentation

Subject: Re: USA Today article demands printed documentation
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- MPS-CANADA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:49:53 -0800

I look forward, with hope and naivete, to the day when the "lowest
denominator" does not believe clicking "Help" is an admission of failure and
can be comfortable and effective with online resources and non-linear
topics. I give it about twenty-five or thirty years. By that time the first
truly online-literate generation (those, I figure, who are currently under
eighteen and have, in many cases, learned to read with a computer) will be
managing resources and making purchasing decisions. I admit, with some
disappointment, that until then documentation mediums have to indeed be
content-sensitive.