Offices

Subject: Offices
From: JGREY <JGREY -at- MADE2MANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:40:58 -0500

I've been on the 17th floor in a corner office overlooking the Eastside,
a 2nd-floor office overlooking a parking lot, a respectable cube with
modern appointments, and a ramshackle cube made of leftover components
of varying colors and manufacturers and an ancient desk that bowed down
in the middle. After a while, you learn to live with just about
anything.

When I was at IDG Books in my huge 2nd-floor office, growth and cost led
to a decision to tear out the offices and replace them with cubes. You
can cram more people in that way, avoiding a costly relocation. Also,
my boss showed me a chart that outlined the cost of ventilating
individual offices as opposed to ventilating larger cube-filled work
areas. You need more ducting and heftier heating/AC systems for offices
than you do for cubes.

Peace,
jim

jim grey \ Documentation Manager
Made2Manage Systems, Inc. \ jgrey -at- made2manage -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=