Sr. Tech Writers, Chicago, IL

Subject: Sr. Tech Writers, Chicago, IL
From: Susan Estes <oncom -at- INTERACCESS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 16:01:47 -0600

Hello,

We are a small privately held information technology consulting firm
(established 1988) looking for contract writers to work with us at one of
our client sites in Chicago IL.

We need writers who have most of the following skills:
Systematic writing
Business/process analysis
Training in documentation techniques
Interviewing techniques
Formatting / typography awareness
Playscript (process flow documentation technique)
Writing style (active voice, present tense, second person, etc)
Information mapping
Document management
Style guide knowledge (e.g. Chicago Manual of Style for Technical
Publications)
Business background
Web publishing

We have graphic designers on the team to work with the authors.

Most of the projects include writing for an audience of software developers
and application support and maintenance teams.

Tool skills: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Visio a plus

Technical expertise:
Job 1: 6-12 months IT background: Unix, SQL, RDBMS
Job 2: 1-3 months (longer possible) IT Technical skill emphasis: Web and
Java experience
Job 3: 3-6 months: IT background: document management systems
Job 4: 3-6 months: IT background: NT

Rates range depending on your experience level.

The work style is varied: some onsite time is required for interviews and
meetings; ability to work from home part time. The workplace is smart, yet
casual and friendly.

If you are interested in joining our documentation team, please email your
resumes/CVs to:
oncom -at- interaccess -dot- com or fax them to 773.868.4894.

We begin interviewing for these positions the week of 22 February 1999 and
hope that if you are interested in having some fun while you work that
you'll consider applying for one of these positions.

Thank you,
Susan Estes,
Principal
OnCom, Inc.