Re: JOB POSTINGS

Subject: Re: JOB POSTINGS
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:13:17 -0500

Hi, Maurice.

Since I was the first one to "ding" the original posting being referred
to here, I'd like to step forward and give my thoughts to this post
(with the knowledge that there are some reading my response who will
attempt to figuratively kick my butt about it :-) .

Yes, you are right, the request was reasonable. And actually, that post
wasn't what prompted me to respond. What did move me to respond was the
subsequent posting from someone else who believed it worth injecting
something of the effect "yes, I agree".

Granted...neither of these posts, on their own, are wrong. Infact, they
were both right, and had they not been tied together, AND, had it not
been my experience that minor issues can snowball so quickly and form so
many tangents, I would have passed them by.

However, having been a list participant for several years now, I've
discovered that once you have seen the "mob mentality" at work where a
simple issue becomes so blown out of proportion, I instituted the "the
best defense is a strong offense" approach.

Right or wrong, OK, maybe it wasn't my place to do so....

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Bellcore, where Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=