A mascot for Technical Writers?

Subject: A mascot for Technical Writers?
From: "J. David Hickey" <jdhickey -at- SYMPATICO -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:17:21 -0800

Greetings!

I was fiddling with my business card the other night (for anyone who is
interested, Visual Business Cards is a great application and well-worth
the $20 I paid for it!) and tried to think of a good mascot for
technical writing-dom. Who would be a good symbol that I could add-on to

my business card...?

The character I came up with finally was Wile E. Coyote. After all, he
*always* takes the time to read the technical manuals that come with any

ACME product. If ACME started thinking "Nobody reads the manuals!"
attitude, Wile E. would certainly start shopping at Wal-Mart faster than

your average road-runner!

But who would you pick? Are there any people/characters/symbols you find

represents our time-honoured profession?

Although I asked Eric for permission on this thread, he would probably
rather it stayed offline since it dances on the border of what is
acceptable on the group. You can respond to me personally and I'll post
a summary at the end of it.

--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey
jdhickey -at- sympatico -dot- ca
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/

514-482-8702
Montréal, Québec

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
---

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=