tech rant

Subject: tech rant
From: Tommy Green <tgreen -at- AESBUS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:50:45 -0600

I'll just add my techwriter opinion to this and get on to my work. In
college, of the many people I considered helpful in assisting me to pursue
this career, was my professor who said that tech writing is an "egoless"
job. I took that to mean that the manuals, guides, or anything you write is
not owned by you. It belongs to the company. You are being paid to create
it. She also said the ideal writing environment was composed of a team. No
chiefs, all indians, working together to get the job done. I look for the
people with whom I can communicate on a job and just let the information
exchange take its course. We all have our specific jobs to do. I have
noticed that moving to management hampers "in the Trenches" writing
sometimes, and distracts the writer from the main goal.

That's just my opinion.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=