Re: Distributing DOT Files via the Intranet

Subject: Re: Distributing DOT Files via the Intranet
From: Chris Despopoulos <cud -at- ARRAKIS -dot- ES>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 00:15:01 +0100

One thing to remember is that you aren't getting the
"actual" file when you get it via HTML/HTTP7MIME/whatever
else is happening. If it goes through HTTP, then what you
or your internal customer gets is a copy of the original
file. It may have the same name as the original, but it is
definately a copy, on the user's hard disk. So it may be
that you don't need to worry??? You just need the user to
remember to Save As with a real name.

I had fun setting up a similar system using FrameMaker, but
I'm not so intimate with Word... sorry.

Is that any help??? cud

Jeroen Hendrix said...

We found out that we have to specify the proper
MIME type (dot) and
Application Type (MSWord) on both the Client's
browser and on the Server.
When this is done, MSWord is started all right,
but with the template
itself, not wit a new document based on that
template.
Now how can we get Word to open a new document
based on that template? Is
this even possible?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=