Word Count Question

Subject: Word Count Question
From: "Hamilton, Susan" <shamilton -at- METASOLV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 12:36:26 -0600

Hello all--
I am working on a huge translation project right now, and this is the first
time I have ever done it. Every time I send files to the translator, I send
a preliminary word count. The translator is concerned because their word
counts are a lot higher than mine--and a few words here and there makes a
big difference because we already have about 1 million words to do! The most
probable reason for the difference is that I am just running Microsoft
Word's Tools>Word Count function, and I am not counting words in footnotes
(this is for help projects). Do any of you have any suggestions for counting
words in footnote codes--and even as specific as counting only words with
specific footnote codes? I certainly don't want to count words by hand, but
I do need to feel comfortable about the differences.

Thanks!
Susan
P.S. Sorry for the cross-post on the WinHelp list.
Susan Hamilton
MetaSolv Software, Inc.
5560 Tennyson Pkwy
Plano, TX 75024