Re: Online docs in oil & gas

Subject: Re: Online docs in oil & gas
From: Hans Lonissen <lonis -at- EURONET -dot- NL>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:03:45 +0100

Karen Farrell wrote:

> 1. What are other companies in the oil and gas industry (specifically
> exploration and production) using and planning to use in the near future
> for their online documents?
> 2. What type of online documentation do customers (specifically
> geoscientists) prefer?

Hi Karen,
I attended a conference on Document Design at Tilburg University in The
Netherlands in December.

One of the lectures was about 'A Web-based document system for use in
Oil Well Diagnosis"

The people who gave lecture were:

Steve Kimminau: s -dot- kimminau -at- siep -dot- shell -dot- com and
Linda McPhee: mcphee -at- iss -dot- nl

Because Steve works for Shell there could be all kinds of legal things
involved, but from their lecture I gather it's worth it to give it a try
and send them your questions.

HTH

Hans

--
Hans Lonissen, SIG / PALGA, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 30 2345 184

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=