Re: Humble apology

Subject: Re: Humble apology
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 11:31:07 -0500

Tom,

I'm sorry you feel you have to apologizes. Your original post used the words
"I feel", thereby expressing a personal opinion. I happened to agree with you.
Rates for tech writers vary throughout the world, and I have noticed that when
a list member says they work(ed) for $X per hour, there are always tons of
people ready to jump on them, declaring "You're pulling us all down!!"

Without perspective on the person's location, experience, motivation, etc. we
cannot pass judgement. I remember a similar situation happening on the Winhlp
list over a year ago. One of the original winhlpers, who was considered by
many a winhelp "guru", had a situation where he could not work onsite for
personal reasons, but was desperate for work. He posted he was willing to work
for $10 an hour at home. List members were outraged - how dare he!

I refrained from commenting further on unions because I quickly recognized it
ability to become a holy war. We all have to remember though, that when
comments and opinions are given, that they are simply that - opinions.
Everyone has them.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while, I was a suspect.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=