Re: Learning Visual Basic -- A Good Idea?

Subject: Re: Learning Visual Basic -- A Good Idea?
From: "Horn, Matthew" <Matthew -dot- Horn -at- TFN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:59:38 -0500

Learning VB is a great addition to your skills because with it you can:
* Identify with programmers (talk their language -- say "control" instead of
"drop down thingy")
* Design user interfaces -- by doing this yourself you could help introduce
actual user-friendliness to the interface without giving the programmers
more work
* Become more familiar with how to insert online help hooks/refs in the code
* Learn the ins and outs of event-driven oo programming -- never a bad thing

21 days is a realistic time frame to get you creating simple applications
and building windows and asking good questions. Trust me, programmers like
when you ask them how to do something in Visual Basic more than they when
you ask them how to do something with the software THEY wrote.