Synonym for Rollback

Subject: Synonym for Rollback
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <george -at- GHAYHOE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 09:54:03 -0500

Benzi Schreiber asked for a synonym for "rollback." Perhaps
one of the following would work.


Usually refers to the rolling back of the most recently
completed step or process. It might not make sense to users
if the process being rolled back is multi-stepped or
particularly complex.


Describes the rollback of all edits or changes made since
the file was last saved. It might be confusing if users
don't explicitly save data in the process (in other words,
if the data is automatically saved when the process
completes successfully).


Usually describes recovery to a prior state of a database.
Again, this term might not make sense to users if data is
saved automatically.

--George Hayhoe (george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: +1 (803) 642-2156
Fax: +1 (803) 642-9325

APEX '98 Award for Publication Excellence

Awards of Distinguished Technical Communication
South Carolina/Carolina Foothills STC Chapters
1998-99 Technical Publications Competition

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: [Fwd: Virus]
Next by Author: Re: Help! First TW job interveiw
Previous by Thread: Re: (Zachary) tayloring (Rant/Long)
Next by Thread: Free stuff, hot content @

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads