Web page displays and screen resolution

Subject: Web page displays and screen resolution
From: Debbie Pesach <dpesach -at- SOHOLYNK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 09:05:24 +0200

Greetings!

My company is working on a web-based (HTML pages) interface for a
product. I'd like to educate the designer (and myself) who has asked me
what screen size is best for the design of the web pages. (I have
checked the archives - I always do first, Eric- but haven't found what
I'm looking for).

Since (I think) the issue is not screen size but screen resolution,
could you brilliant denizens please give me a quick tutorial on what
determines how web pages are displayed and what would be considered the
best resolution to set the pages.

I'll add that our clients are varied (we don't know which browsers
they'll be using).

Any other tips you can provide as to what we should check (different
browsers, etc.) to try and keep the pages displaying at least in the
realm of how we want them would be appreciated.

As always, I'll be happy to summarize. Make sure to respond to me
directly because I'm on digest.

Debbie Pesach

Lynk, Ltd.
dpesach -at- soholynk -dot- com