Re: Grammatical/Punctuation/Spelling Errors and Technical Communi cati on

Subject: Re: Grammatical/Punctuation/Spelling Errors and Technical Communi cati on
From: "Knill, Kathi" <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- SAGASOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:53:38 -0500

I am new to this list and am wondering.... Why is it that most of the
messages I see posted here are complaints about one thing or another? Who
cares if someone asks for information and spells something wrong or uses
incorrect grammar? The point is that the person is asking for help and
doesn't need to be bombarded with messages about petty issues. If you need
help on a topic, wouldn't you be more comfortable asking for it knowing that
you'd get a response to your inquiry, rather than a lecture about how you
asked the question the wrong way? Come on people, where are your priorities?
Is this a forum for information sharing or for harping/whinning about minor
mistakes???? If it is only for whining, I'd rather cancel my subscription.

Kathi Jan Knill
Senior Technical Writer
Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=