DemoShield Question

Subject: DemoShield Question
From: Kathy Ellis <kathy -at- TIBINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:41:33 -0800

Okay, guys, I have a question for the DemoShield
experts in the crowd...

I'm a newbie with the software and I have about two
weeks to create a software demo for a brand new
product. (Actually, for my company, that's a ton
of warning in advance!)

What we'd like to do is create a demo that we can
send to regional user groups and use to show off our new
baby without the aid of marketing folk or programmers.
This has to be a stand-alone demo and answer their
questions and otherwise "wow" the crowd in a very short
amount of time without a lot of user interaction. (It'll be
copied to a CD.)

So...where do I begin? My first thought is to have a few
scenes that would count as an overview and display a
lot of zippy marketing phrases about what the product
actually does. Then should I create a short tour explaining
the basic functions of the software in the order that the
functions are performed? Or is it better to show the
really cool functions individually and take them out of the
normal flow of work?

I know that there must be a ton of usability studies on this
sort of thing, but I don't have the time to look for them.
Anyone know of a website that has the ten basic steps
to demo heaven?

Thanks for your help. You guys are always the best resource!

Kathy Ellis

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=