Re: Need help with a recommendation

Subject: Re: Need help with a recommendation
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:39:02 -0500

Comeau, Lisa wrote:
> Depending on the knowledge base of the people who make the decisions, the
> number of applications you are running may not make a difference to them.
> (As you may already know, the size of the monitor does not affect
> performance-only the resolution of the screen.)

I mentioned the fact that those applications ran concurrently because, at the
current time, I cannot see them all at the same time. I am constantly toggling
through the applications, as they will not all fit on the screen together.

> I would suggest that you tell the "powers that be" that due to the nature of
> your projects, a higher screen resolution, and larger screen area would
> greatly decrease eyestrain, and downtime due to eyestrain.
>
> You may want to check some websites on ergonomics to get some staistics to
> back up your request.

Ergonomics doesn't matter to this company at all, only productivity. To
illustrate, I use a common business desk to which a keyboard drawer has been
attached (I had to argue for the drawer). My mouse still sits on top of the
desk along with the processor, monitor, phone and printer. I got a new(old)
chair last week, after a week of sitting at a chair with a broken back, for
almost a year. I only got the chair because I went into a rant one day, and I
think they were afraid I would leave.

So, I know that monitor size does not affect performance of applications, but
it might improve the performance of TW if I can see at least half a page
legibly at one time in FrameMaker (at least), and perhaps some of the other
applications as well.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while, I was a suspect.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=