Re: the 5 C's

Subject: Re: the 5 C's
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:54:01 -0800

I kind of liked the notion of "convection", although it would never have
occurred to me to use it. To me, convection in this situation implies
taking a bunch of raw facts, doing something nebulous to them (that is,
using a creative and not necessarily analyzable process for organizing and
presenting them), and serving them up ready to use.

This doesn't entirely match the definition of convection: (1) the transfer
of heat by the circulation or movement of the heated parts of a liquid or
gas; (2) the vertical transport of atmospheric properties, esp. upward. But
we could easily come up with metaphors for both meanings.

(BTW--I'm sure someone will be appalled at my notion of using a
non-analytical creative process to devise an organization strategy. What
can I say--it works for me. Always. Once I've immersed myself in the
facts, I stare out the window for a while (great view), until a logical
structure emerges. Sometimes the structure is clear and obvious, sometimes
looking past the obvious leads me to something truly inspired. Sometimes
two equally good structures arise and I have to waffle for a while.)

Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems (ATS)
Bremerton, Washington