Re: On-Line Help

Subject: Re: On-Line Help
From: Gen Whitt <Gen -dot- Whitt -at- SDINC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:11:17 -0800

Hi Shannon.

I think all you really need to know is that there is no difference (as far
as I am aware), in designing help for Windows NT versus Windows 95/98. The
help engine is the same.

We use NT 4.0 here and I've designed several help systems. The reference
books I use have been discussed recently on the list: Developing Online
Help for Windows 95 by Boggan, Farkas, and Welinske, and Designing Windows
95 Help by Deaton and Zubak. Both great books.

Any reference material concerning designing help for 95 applies equally
well to NT.

Best,

Gen

>Does anyone have a good reference on designing on-line help systems (for a
>financial application) running on the NT. I will be using RoboHelp Office
>7.0.
>
>Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Shannon

Geraldine Whitt
Senior Technical Writer