Technical Writer Supervisor/Manager question

Subject: Technical Writer Supervisor/Manager question
From: Tommy Green <tgreen -at- AESBUS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:21:22 -0600

There are so many aspects of supervision that someone really can't just say
"Here, do it this way." I was a trooper, then supervisor, then manager. When
I became a manager, I wondered if I could do the job. I found out, over
time, that I had adapted the best of all my past supervisors and was
managing by the way they, the ones I most respected, had managed me. They
say that the tech writing biz is an "egoless" job; meaning working as a
team....not in the real world. Good luck

"...Then anyone who leaves behind him a written manual, and likewise anyone
who receives it, in the belief that such writing will be clear and certain,
must be exceedingly simple-minded..."
Plato, _Phaedrus

Tommy D. Green
AESBUS Technology Group