Re: Help Contents link problem

Subject: Re: Help Contents link problem
From: Kristy Astry <KASTRY -at- CJDS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:14:47 -0700

I, too, had the same problem and found the solution in the archives! I
quote:

"HELP_TAB opens the Help Topics Browser to a specific tab. The vaue for
HELP_TAB is not listed in the VB doc, nor is it listed in the windows.h
header file for C/C++. The hex value for the HELP_TAB command, as specified
in CHW.HLP, is 0x000f.

The dwData parameter values that work are:
-3 = Contents tab
-2 = Index tab
-1 = Find tab

Alternatively, you can use the (also undocumented) TAB(integer) macro:

0 (zero) displays the Find tab. Any custom tabs: 1 displays the first
custom tab, 2 displays the second, etc. Any integer greater than the actual
number of custom tabs displays the Contents tab. So, to display the Contents
tab, you use TAB(n+1) where n is the number of custom tabs. If there are no
custom tabs, then TAB(1) will display the Contents tab." This is courtesy
Tom O'Shea by way of Shirley Kelly from a topic dated May 21, 1998, titled
"Re: Making Calls from VB".

It works!!!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=