Re: Thoughts on working WITH developers...

Subject: Re: Thoughts on working WITH developers...
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:44:47 -0800

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:38:56 -0700, Eric J. Ray wrote:

>I wonder, though, why it seems that so many people start
>out with the us vs. them mentality in the first place.

Of course, that IS the ideal situation... but it seems more often than not
to be fantasy. From my experience, part of the problem, especially when
you're entering a new site, is the territorial attitudes, especially of
the "old boys" - this is their pool, golldarnit, and no young upstart is
going to start pissing it, especially when they've done just fine without
you before.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

And the men who hold high places
Must be the ones who start
To mold a new reality
Closer to the heart