Cross-platform compatibility for WinHelp?

Subject: Cross-platform compatibility for WinHelp?
From: ddavis <ddavis -at- DIAC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 12:37:17 -0700

I am trying to create a help system using RoboHELP or ForeHelp that is
cross-platform compatible. Because the help system is not a Web-based
application, the developers have asked us to find an alternative to
Web-based help.

They don't want to require users to get a browser if they don't have to.
Besides, if users don't have a browser to begin with, there isn't an
easy way to download from a web site.

I know there are a few conversion programs out there for Mac and UNIX,
but the ones I have found are fairly expensive. I have also heard there
are viewer applications available for cross-platform help, but I can't
find them. I have called RoboHELP, and they don't know the answer,
either.

Does anyone know of a straightforward way to make WinHelp systems
cross-platorm compatible? Not surprisingly, time and resources for this
project are limited.

Thanks in advance for your help.
dd

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=