Re: Styles for User Guides - Intellectual Property?

Subject: Re: Styles for User Guides - Intellectual Property?
From: R G Wallen <rgwallen -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 07:13:54 -0800

Greetings!

I would be most interested in this topic also. Typically, almost every
site has a variety of styles with a standardized header/footer. The body
of the documents delivered are very inconsistent especially when site
specific terminology definitions are not developed. I too have developed
delivery templates where none have been the same, but due to the content
requirements of each business being similar, so are the templates. If I
did perchance across a template design that was acceptable to multiple
parties, would there be any implications?

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 08:51:12 -0500 "Moore, Tracey"
<TMoore -at- PARKERVISION -dot- COM> writes:
>Every time I start a new client, I create a template for the
>documentation, assuming they want their documentation to be unique.
>Now I've got a client who's on a really tight budget, so there's no time

>to create a template.
>
>I was curious about copyrights. If the client copyrights the manual,
>do they own the style as well?
>
>Also, it seems to me I remember Word 6.0 contained a bunch of report
>templates. Word 97 (at least on my machine) contains only memos,
>faxes and resumes. . .pretty tough to stretch across an entire user
guide.

>If I can't use my own templates, anybody have an idea where I can get
>some Word templates? I've searched the Microsoft web site to no
>avail.
[...]

Richard Wallen

We're still gaining on it... a little more each day
Sharing ideas that matter... with people who care!
mailto:rgwallen -at- juno -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=