Re: FW: Styles for User Guides

Subject: Re: FW: Styles for User Guides
From: Sharon Burton-Hardin <sharonburton -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 09:09:52 -0700

In that case, I tell them what I am doing and offer them the options of
"owning" the template. I have been turned down a few times, leaving me
rather generic templates I can use again, if I want.

These are my own design and I can use them again.

And can you copyright a template? I have looked up copyright and I don't
think you can.... It seems the content is the part that gets copyrighted...
A template is simply the look and feel which can make the content easier to
understand... I don't know.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
Home of RoboNEWS(tm), the unofficial RoboHELP newsletter
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!
See www.sharonburton.com!

And then you said...

|And if the client didn't ask you to create the template, but you had to
|create a template anyway because they didn't have one? I mean, you can't
|create a user guide without creating a style guide/template for it. . .

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=