Re: QUERY: Switch or Switcher?

Subject: Re: QUERY: Switch or Switcher?
From: "Campbell, Art" <artc -at- NORTHCHURCH -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 11:15:03 -0400

Newton's Telecom Dictionary, which is my personal bible of the industry,
defines
"Switcher" only as a video industry term; not telecom or networking. I've
never heard
it used in any network context, either LAN or WAN before. I'm writing switch
and
router doc and I don't believe I'd use it anywhere.

I'd go with "switch" throughout if I were you.

P.S. Newton's is well worth picking up if you're going to be doing much of
this...

Art Campbell
Technical Publications
Northchurch Communications