Re: The Worst Thing About Contracting

Subject: Re: The Worst Thing About Contracting
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 05:25:34 -0700

Woe is me...

I'm getting paid in the mid $120k's, get paid for all
the hours I work, come and go as I please, set my
hours, control what company I want to work at, and get
referred to by the people I work for as the "document
expert", but ya know...? I just never feel valued.

Jeeeezzz, these working conditions suck!

:-)

> I just got through doing a mess of contract jobs.
> (And "mess" is an
> appropriate word.) The only reason I can imagine
> that I might *really*
> prefer contracting is if I want to be home my kids
> more often than I
> could be with a permanent job. But I don't have
> kids.
>
> There are many reasons for my dissatisfaction with
> contracting, but top
> of the list is how demeaning it was. I never felt
> wanted. I never felt
> like I belonged where I was. I never felt valued,
> necessary, or
> important.

===
John Posada