Re: html editor questions

Subject: Re: html editor questions
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 11:35:02 -0400

Yes, I like CSS, very much. I especially like the fact that the look and
feel of all pages in a site can be changed with one fail swoop. I am
troubled by the differing implementations of CSS by Netscape and Microsoft
from IE/Nav 4, 4.5, and 5 and, consequently, do test with each browser and
also add FONT tags if needed.

Much of the use of CSS, Javascript, and particular browser support, etc., is
defined up front by a customer and the customer's intended audience. For
example, today I listened in on a presentation about a web site design that
is entirely geared towards the Microsoft product line, in all forms OS
implementation including Javascript, applets, active server pages, et al.
This can be done because the audience is captive and every single one of the
customers has already bought into a Microsoft-based operating environment,
from the OS on down through applications (almost like an intranet). In this
case, there is no possibility at all of needing to support such as UNIX,
MAC, Netscape, Novell . . ..

Wouldn't it be wonderful if, instead, the browser developers were held
captive to the pure HTML standard despite its limitations. That way, we
could be certain of what our customers would see . . . <g>.

However, the nature of our business is adapt and overcome, take what we have
learned and adapt it to the situation at hand.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=