Re: Potential Dilemma

Subject: Re: Potential Dilemma
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 08:24:18 -0500

Howdy:

At most of the places I have worked, marketing is in charge of the
look and feel of documents while engineering is in charge of the
content with a writer working between the two. Actually, that
is one of the reasons I like my job.

I have always appreciated the input I received from marketing.
Most of the time I found it considered the user while trying to
produce a good-looking and usable document. Every once in
awhile I would get a marketer who thought they knew my job
better than I did (which happens twice as often with engineers).
I just worked with them as best I could. Every situation is a
learning situation (even if it is only learning what does not work).

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing
Advanced Micro Devices