Re: Potential Dilemma

Subject: Re: Potential Dilemma
From: JGREY <JGREY -at- MADE2MANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:07:47 -0500

J. Frasier writ:
>>Your Marketing Department suddenly informs you that they are responsible
for "redefining the corporate image. This will include everything from
logos, to business cards, to mission statements, to documentation..." Logos,
trademarks, copyright info, marketing materials, etc... fine! But, manuals
and help and so on? Really!?<<

Our Marketing Communications department designs our book covers for us so
that they bear a family resemblance to our marketing collateral and
advertising. To their credit, they do present me with a few options and I
get to choose the one I want.

However, this Documentation Department is entirely responsible for book
interior design and Help design. Although Marketing Communications has
never given us any feedback about our interior designs, if they did give us
some, I would consider it. We know more about how our customers use
documentation than Marketing Communications does; we designed our books and
Help for good usability. However, Marketing Communications has some strong
design skills that might augment ours.

Peace,
jim

jim grey \ Documentation Manager
Made2Manage Systems, Inc. \ jgrey -at- made2manage -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=