What's a good freelance/offsite resume look like?

Subject: What's a good freelance/offsite resume look like?
From: Randy <ghost -at- WESTNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 12:33:39 -0400

Hi,

I've just left my most recent position as a full-time contract
techwriter, and for reasons that are partly personal, partly
professional, I'm going to attempt over the next several months to
concentrate on getting multiple off-site, possibly part-time
assignments. In other words, I'm going to freelance rather than work
full-time on any single assignment. I know at least one person who's
doing this successfully, though naturally it involves more juggling and
overhead than the full-time contracting route.

My question is, for anyone who's gone this route successfully--how do I
re-write my resume so that clients (and possibly agencies) understand
what it is I'm looking for? The traditional resume is always headed by
current position, but obviously that no longer applies.

Randy Burgess
ghost -at- westnet -dot- com
Ghost Associates
Tech-writing, ghostwriting, business writing

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=