Re: Size of Manuals

Subject: Re: Size of Manuals
From: Scott Wahl <swahl -at- BRIDGEWATERSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:06:34 -0400

Brian,

Our manuals are also in small format (7.0 x 8.5). The feedback I've received
from customers and from people in my organization is that the small format
looks more professional and is easier to use.

Besides those reasons, printing costs are cheaper. Our printer can print two
pages on each side of a single legal size page (14 x 8.5) which cuts basic
printing and paper costs in half. This can be a significant savings if you are

printing 100s of copies.

Scott

--
Scott Wahl
Customer Documentation and Training

Brian Doonan wrote:

> I just had a long discussion with one of our tech support people. He is
> adamant in his belief that a technical manual, for the most part, should be
> 8.5 by 11 inches in size. We produce manuals in 6.5 by 8.5 and believe it's
> the best option for us. I realize that the size depends on many factors,
> however, is there an advantage to a particular size that I'm not
> considering?
>
> Brian

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=