Re: Single Sourcing

Subject: Re: Single Sourcing
From: Rebecca Merck <Rebecca -dot- Merck -at- ONESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 14:16:40 -0400

Matthew said:
Forgive me for being a little naive, but can't you single-source with
Framemaker and conditional text?
******************************
I respond:
I haven't used that tool, so I'm not sure about the technological issues.
And I suppose, if you are comfortable with simply turning on or off certain
parts of the content, that conditional text in Frame might solve the
problem.

Again, it's a question of what expectations people have when they go to
different tools -- I expect much more background and detail in print
documents than I do in online help, for example. So for me, part of the
question is how things are written up in the different info products, as
much as whether it's possible to go from one tool to another.

-Rebecca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=