Re: Single Sourcing

Subject: Re: Single Sourcing
From: Elisabeth Zakes <ezakes -at- PLANVIEW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:54:40 -0500

> I'm confused, though, about what your print vendor said about printing
from
> Word costing more. We are turning our docs over to the printer in
.pdf
> format, and none of our quotes changed between turning over Frame
files
> versus .pdf -- I'd be inclined to check into that a little more, and
get
> them to tell you how you can turn it over to them that will be most
> efficient.

If you're sending a .doc file, the printer has to load Word, load your
file, and print from Word. If you send them a postscript file,
especially if they're running a DocuTech and you use their DocuTech
postscript driver while you're paging your file, you can see exactly
what you're going to get back.

Elisabeth B. Zakes
PlanView, Inc., Austin, TX
ezakes -at- planview -dot- com