Screen shots and copyright

Subject: Screen shots and copyright
From: David Thompson <David -dot- Thompson -at- REALVIZ -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:50:30 +0200

Hello,

I am document software with data that can be exported into other software.
To do this there are procedures to follow that differ depending on the
"other" software.
I want to include screenshots of the "other" software in my doc. I imagine I
need authorisation from the software owners. Does this mean having to
contact each one and asking for their permission?

Comments?
Thanks.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=