Re: FW: ForeHelp vs. RoboHelp

Subject: Re: FW: ForeHelp vs. RoboHelp
From: John Garison <JGarison -at- IDENTERPRISE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:22:24 -0400

I agree with Jill. Having used both tools, I have firmly come down on
the ForeHelp side. One of the biggest reasons is the cost of ownership.
RoboHELP has been extraordinarily expensive to own - Blue Sky, in their
infinite wisdom, have been releasing "major upgrades" about every 6
months it seems, at the cost of a couple of hundred dollars each. The
fact that these are not major upgrades, and seem to add to existing
problems rather than fix old ones, is another notch in ForeFront's
favor. And since BlueSky stop supporting older versions (if you can GET
an answer from their support people), you are pretty much forced to
upgrade.

Since I write for browser-based products, the new InterHelp that
ForeFront has just released is wonderful - it runs in every browser
without a problem. Let's see when RoboHELP finally delivers on THAT one

John Garison
Principal Technical Writer
Integrated Development Enterprise, Inc.
150 Baker Avenue Extension