Re: engineers

Subject: Re: engineers
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:56:20 -0500

Ellen Hladky wrote:

> Maybe it's a profession that has grown so quickly,
> that to fill positions, we took less than qualified people with hopes that
> we could train then.

If so, that could explain why you've seen more bad writers than good. If
you take people who are not writers and try to make them writers (Ren &
Stimpy watchers: picture Stimpy slamming the Happy Helmet onto Ren's
head and saying "I will *make* him happy!") it can be very successful or
a total failure, depending on your commitment and ability to actually
*train* them instead of sitting them in front of a computer and saying
"OK, be a writer now." If these *potential* writers weren't adequately
prepared, it's not fair to point at them and say "See, I told you...
tech writers are useless."

Happy happy joy joy
Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=