Re: PC-Manmonth

Subject: Re: PC-Manmonth
From: April Anderson <April_Anderson -at- PBP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:52:41 -0400

Michael Goss wrote:
Seems to me, if we REALLY want to be PC, or gender neutral (depending on
your perspective), we must first get rid of this one offensive word I see
in most posts. I believe it is correct to use "wo" or "woperson" in place
of the sexist term "woman".

(Tongue firmly in cheek)

I deleted the post, but an earlier message started out (approximate
language) "Hi guys (oops, I meant to include girls) . . .

At least the writer didn't use 'guys' and 'dolls', but I know that a
number of female-type humans really dislike the word "girl" if it refers
to people over 16 years of age. They're not flattered. They just feel
belittled.
On the other hand, some gals don't care enough to get offended. However,
they won't likely get angry if a more accurate and less offensive,
age-correct term is used. (problem is gals is arcane, need a substitute.)

BTW- if fellows is masculine, is fellas feminine? <giggle>

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen all at once

April Anderson
Asst. Editor
Clean Air News
610-695-8600 x291