Cross-references on same page

Subject: Cross-references on same page
From: Karen Farrell <kfarrell -at- GXT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:02:04 -0500

Gilda,

When I cross-reference something that could end up on the same page, I
sometimes say

For more information on whatever, see "Heading of Info" in the following
section.

or

...see the following section, "Heading of Info."

Sometimes you can direct them to figures as well. We have a lot of
figures, so if the x-referenced figure is within a couple of pages, I
don't include the page number.

Good luck.

Karen

--
Karen Farrell
Technical Writer

kmf -at- gxt -dot- com

"If you take hyphens seriously, you will surely go mad."--John Benbow,
Oxford University Press

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=