Re: pc-manmonth - I had to say it

Subject: Re: pc-manmonth - I had to say it
From: Peter Jones <Holtec -at- COMITY -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 11:41:07 +0100

In message , Debi <debi -at- LAHIT -dot- CO -dot- IL> writes
>Pamela,
>I'm glad you said it. I believe words are very powerful (maybe not against
>flying bullets, but ...). As people in the word composing business, we
>should be aware of our power, even if it's just to enlighten (I mean
>instruct or inform). Our words can certainly also hurt and belittle, or
>motivate and empower.

"In this way, document design is different from advertising in that
advertising focusses on writing and visualising in order to promote the
goals and values of organisations rather than to promote the goals and
values of readers."

K A Shriver; Dynamics in Document Design, p11

--
Peter Jones

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=