Re: UNIX vs. Unix -Reply

Subject: Re: UNIX vs. Unix -Reply
From: "rutherford b. martin" <onefourfive -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 13:43:45 EDT

hi

hmmmm....interestingly enough, there are proponents for both Unix and UNIX.
both with reasonable credentials, too.

I suspect 'Unix' might be used when one is talking about the generic 'all
the various types and flavors of the Bellcore derived OS' (e.g., BSD), and
the term UNIX is a mark of the product owned by Novell.

like kleenex and Kleenex. dobro or Dobro(R).

i'm going with UNIX because we have solaris machines everywhere.

thanks for your expertise!

kip

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=