Re: Did ya ever wonder??

Subject: Re: Did ya ever wonder??
From: Jean Weber <jhweber -at- WHITSUNDAY -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 07:19:59 +1000

My technique is to say that since I can get it done in less time on my
(more powerful) home machine, I will be working from home until they get
the proper tools for me to work on their premises. I put this in the
perspective of saving them time and money. <grin>

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/
mailto:jhweber -at- whitsunday -dot- net -dot- au

Sharon Burton-Hardin wrote:
>Now, if I am not given a machine that is up to par, I tell them I will be
>back when they are ready for me to work - with the spoken assumption that
>since they don't have the tools, they are not ready for me. If they were
>ready for me, they would have the machine.
>
>In other words, walk if they don't have the tools. I have been bitten with
>this one too many times.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=