Radio or Radial buttons?

Subject: Radio or Radial buttons?
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 11:23:48 -0500


What do you call the little round circles which you click on to make a
in a dialog box? I have always heard them called radial buttons. One of my
developers marked it as "radio" instead and, after doing some research, I
have found out there really is such a thing. Are either of these standard
terms? Is there a difference?

I don't have access to MS Manual of Style, but I did search their website
with no luck.

Geez, just keeping up with the jargon is a HUGE part of my job.

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing
Advanced Micro Devices

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Scalding vat of liquid tungsten, please (was Educating Rita)
Next by Author: Thanks: Radio vs. Radial
Previous by Thread: Sydney, Australia
Next by Thread: Re: Radio or Radial buttons?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads