Re: Radio or Radial buttons?

Subject: Re: Radio or Radial buttons?
From: Marianne Bowen <mbowen -at- IMCI -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 12:33:48 -0400

The little round circles are called radio button. According to the MS Manual
of Style however, this term should not be used in end user documentation.
The term to be used for that type of documentation is option button, or the
name of the option.


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Melonie Holliman [SMTP:melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 1999 12:24 PM
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
> Subject: Radio or Radial buttons?
> Howdy,
> What do you call the little round circles which you click on to make a
> choice
> in a dialog box? I have always heard them called radial buttons. One of my
> developers marked it as "radio" instead and, after doing some research, I
> have found out there really is such a thing. Are either of these standard
> terms? Is there a difference?
> I don't have access to MS Manual of Style, but I did search their website
> with no luck.
> Geez, just keeping up with the jargon is a HUGE part of my job.
> Melonie R. Holliman
> Technical Writer
> CPD Marketing
> Advanced Micro Devices
> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=
> =

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: term for "writeable" directory
Next by Author: Re: New Chapter On Right/Leave Left Page Blank -Reply
Previous by Thread: Radio or Radial buttons?
Next by Thread: Re: Radio or Radial buttons?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads